Wednesday 20 May 2009

Shoot (Daly)

So these are the images I shot the other day...
For the shoot, I shot on the nikon D3 using the 70-300m lens.



As you can see I shot a lot of images, and I am very pleased with the outcomes. For the shoot I had to set up the camera and a test model in town so as to get everything correct for when my real model came. Upon arrival I simply told him to stand on a spot for as long as I instructed, and all the while I was a fair distance away shooting at random intervals, waiting and watching for a good moment and expression. I did have a bit of technical difficulty as he moved at certain points of the shoot, and so as a result some of the images are slightly out of focus.

The shoot went well and I achieved some interesting looks from my model. You can certainly see in some of the images his discomfort and apprehension towards what was going on. Whilst on the shoot he seemed a little paranoid and unknowing of what I was doing, which helped a lot.



I shot all of the images in portrait which I think works well, and for the first half I chose a quite tight crop in on him, focusing on the head and shoulder area, allowing me to get closer in and capture the facial expressions. For the second half of the shoot I decided to move back slightly and get more of the body in shot, so as to draw attention to some of the body language, and in particular the hands...which he seems to be clenching at points and very uncomfortable with.

It's all about capturing the right moment, and I had to observe him all the time to get the look I wanted. The image below is something like what I want, as you can see he looks quite uncomfortable and on edge.



At this point I think I'm onto a winning idea, and I really need to shoot more with other models. I also need to edit down from these images and find the best ones, to see what works better than others. All in all I'm very pleased with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment