Tuesday 19 May 2009

Further ideas

So after much deliberation and playing around with ideas, I've decided that I want images that produce a situation where people are uncomfortable and anxious.
The idea that we discussed in the group crits the other day sounds really good, and is certainly what I'm going to explore, hoping that it is effective.
If I have my model stood somewhere in a busy area, maybe town centre or on the side of a busy road they are going to feel uncomfortable. Also if I make them stand there for an extended period of time without telling them what I'm doing it will make them all the worse.
I now have a cable release and if I get a zoom lens, perhaps the 70-300m I will be able to stand far away and take photos without them even noticing.

This idea is really good for two reasons:
a) it will hopefully work to great effect in making my models feel uncomfortable and anxious.
b) it will address the issue I had with having my images looking interesting, as shooting from far give me a shallow depth of field which should look quite good, and help to make the model seem all the more isolated.

No comments:

Post a Comment